Bill Slawski: A Significant Figure in Global SEO
Disclaimer: this article is aimed at sharing one of the famous SEO career stories only. This is not intended to demonstrate any affiliation or relation of a described personality to NL Tech or any part of Natural Links and its affiliates.
In this post, we will meet another SEO expert obsessed with what he is doing.
His name is Bill Slawski, and he has made a significant contribution to the SEO community and digital marketing world.
He started optimizing web pages for Google before it even appeared.
Before taking a closer look at his personality, let’s quickly go through Bill’s profile.
- Specialization: Author, Entrepreneur, Marketer, and Blogger
- Website: SEO by the Sea
- Social: Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram
Who Is Bill Slawski?
Today, Bill Slawski is known as an SEO genius with 24 years of experience in internet marketing, a leading expert in Google’s SEO-related patents, a head of Search Marketing at Go Fish Digital, and an author at SEO by the Sea.
Bill’s obsession with SEO and digital marketing started back in 1996 when friends asked him to help launch websites for some of their projects.
Since that time, Bill Slawski has been involved in the SEO and promotion of various sites. In 2005, he left his job for a full-time career in online marketing.
Since then, the specialist has supported a great variety of extensive websites, including Harvard Business School, APA, Johns Hopkins University, Comcast, and more.
Bill advises many brands from the Fortune 500 list and other major websites on how to stay visible online.
He currently writes for Moz and Search Engine Journal.
In the last five years, the specialist has served as a speaker at many conferences, including SearchLove and SemTechBix, at which he covered search-related topics.
Bill Slawski’s Blog: A Brief
Bill Slawski has been managing the SEO by the Sea blog for about 15 years.
He shares a vast knowledge of SEO, SEM, Google patents, and tech documentation.
The main goal of his activity is to help individuals and companies be easily found on the internet.
Bill also creates content for websites and makes web pages more user-friendly.
SEO by the Sea, headquartered in San Diego, California, teaches its readers about patent applications and technical documentation so they can:
- Get a clear understanding of how search engines work.
- Monitor the way search engines rank websites.
- Forecast whether search engines might surprise internet users down the road, etc.
Bill, in sharing all this useful information on the website, strives to offer accurate and useful data while remaining unbiased.
Contribution to the SEO Community
Bill’s contribution to the SEO community cannot be underestimated.
Other than founding and administering one of the most recognized digital marketing forums on Cre8asite, he has also been a co-author on Search Engine Watch and Search Engine Land.
Bill Slawski is also known for his contribution to the print media of Website Magazine, Search Marketing Standard, and Target Marketing.
Bill always keeps track of what’s happening inside the mind of Google.
He is constantly looking at the most recently issued Google patents and newly published applications to get an idea of how search engines and their algorithms work.
This man has made an in-depth study of search tech aspects and is sharing all the insights on the best SEO practices right on his blog.
Apart from that, Bill is recognized for his active communication within the SEO community.
Back in 2019, he answered users’ questions in an Ask Me Anything post on Reddit.
Besides, Bill’s followers on Twitter may ask him anything using the #AskSEO hashtag and get all their questions answered.
Check out how it looks below.
Since Bill Slawski shares a lot of useful information in his countless articles, we recommend considering at least some of them.
Other than getting a better understanding of how search engines and their algorithms work, you will also find out what misconceptions exist about SEO.
- Blog post about Google’s interest in authors for Search Engine Journal
- The article about how Google tries to understand users’ emotions through smartphone camera for Search Engine Journal
- Guide that reveals myths and misinformation in SEO industry for SEMRush Blog
- A short report about Google’s content that uses a metric known as ‘long click’ for Moz
- A detailed guide on table search and structured snippets for Moz
- Blog post about making contact between business and consumer for Search Engine Land
- Review of using anchor tag in terms of web crawling for Search Engine Land
- An insight into Google’s extended databases for Search Engine Land
- An overview of the author rank patent application from Google for Search Engine Land
- A glimpse into user behavior and types of queries for Search Engine Land
To better understand his personality and the approaches he uses in his work, check out these SEO talks, presentations, and podcasts.
- Chris Palmer — an interview with Bill Slawski about SEO and the way it works.
- Talk About Digital — an unscripted interview with Bill about different things.
- SEO Video Show: Episode 003 — a SEO video show with a SEO legend Bill Slawski.
- SEMRush De — Q&A session with highly experienced SEO specialists, such as Cindy Krum und Bill Slawski.
- Serpstat — a webinar by Bill Slawski related to image search.
- SiteVisibility — an episode of the Internet Marketing Podcast that covers semantic topic modeling and structured data.
- Bloggerideas — an interview with Bill Slawski about how to do better SEO for a website and make the latter friendly for search engines.
- Webcology — a podcast with two SEO experts, Bill Slawski and Chuck Price.
Today, Bill Slawski is a world-renowned SEO specialist with 24 years of experience in digital marketing. He is heading SEO Research at Go Fish Digital and managing SEO by the Sea. Right there, you can find over 1300 articles covering topics related to search engines and online marketing.