Definition of Crowd Links
Crowd links are links posted on review sites, social media, and other blogs where readers’ comments work as recommendations, reviews, opinions, and product endorsements.
Usually, these links are placed there to increase brand awareness, create a positive opinion about the brand’s product or service, and boost website traffic.
The strategic placement of crowd links is a great way to achieve your marketing goals.
This is called organic advertising and is the best method for making your brand or business a niche authority.
But one thing has to be in place: great content with useful information.
This guarantees that visitors will not only stay but will also refer others back to your website.
How Crowd Links Work
Crowd marketing has become an immensely helpful strategy for building your SEO positions (thanks to new algorithms from search engines like Google) in the league of online businesses.
In essence, any business willing to grow its SEO metrics will have to incorporate crowd links into its marketing strategy.
Crowd links from question-answer services, online forums, and social networks such as Quora, Reddit, and social media go a long way to improve the ranking of a website on search engines today.
Despite the fact that these links are no-follow, they are still very valuable for your website.
This development is because the latest search engine algorithms emphasize crowd links as a mandatory element in building quality link mass for a website.
Particularly, search engines are designed to regard these links as natural because they were placed there by people who supposedly have had first-hand experience with your brand.
As an added benefit, crowd links further facilitate and enhance live communication between your brand and your target audience.
With the use of crowd links you can achieve the following goals:
Raising brand awareness: As long as crowd marketing is done naturally, it helps you build brand awareness for new products or services, especially if you have a low budget for its promotion.
Traffic boosts: This follows directly as you get referral traffic from other platforms. Besides, the more backlinks you have, the higher ranking positions your website has, so more people will click on your website.
Lead generation: As long as you strategically target your ideal audience with quality content on the right platforms, they’ll come to your website looking for the solution to their problem. Therefore, crowd marketing can be used to generate leads.
Build authority: Another benefit of crowd marketing is the opportunity to establish your brand as a niche authority and thought leader.
Drive engagement: You can engage your target audience and lead them to take action.
Benefits of Crowd Links
Below are the benefits of using crowd links as part of your SEO strategy.
- You get to place your links on a large number of sites permanently. With this approach, you don’t need to buy or rent new links regularly. However, you have to be careful not to place your links just anywhere to avoid getting sanctioned by search engines.
- It’s an excellent way to include varying kinds of links in your link profile: do-follow, no-follow, text, redirect, unanchored, etc.
- Crowd links enable you to improve your site’s link ranking by integrating them naturally. This way, you avoid the risk of being filtered out.
- As mentioned earlier, crowd links enable you to generate high-quality referral traffic from your target audience. Unlike general social media marketing, where most people who see your advert may not be interested, the chances are higher that you’ll get more conversions from crowd marketing.
Pitfalls of Crowd Links
The following can be considered drawbacks of crowd marketing:
- It’s a long-play game. You will not see significant traffic growth immediately. The results might come after several months of active work. Do not stop trying!
- Crowd marketing is a very time-consuming process. You may need to use the services of a crowd marketing agency for creating and posting a large number of comments and reviews or spend hours of your own time.
What You Should Do While Placing Crowd Links
These guidelines will help you avoid the pitfalls of crowd marketing, especially when deciding which platforms to place your links on. Follow these rules in order to succeed:
- The subject of discussion should correspond to the product or service being promoted. Only post your links under relevant topics or forums where your product is related to the discussion.
- It’s best to carry out your promotional campaigns on the sites where your target audience spends the most time.
- Post on sites with high traffic. This increases the number of possible clicks-through you’ll get.
- You should target only active discussions or acute topics.
- Don’t post too many links at once. If your business is new, and all of a sudden your link goes viral, search engines like Google determine it’s unnatural and not organic.
- Avoid spam. It’s best to use quality content.
- Build recommendations only with trusted accounts.
- Avoid promoting your link with commercial anchors, as they don’t look natural. Trusted regular users link to simple keywords.
Remember: to grow your crowd marketing campaign, careful and strategic use of crowd links is vital.